Love Happened

Love Happened
Love Happened

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Granny- Now only in Memories!

On the night of March 31st 2011 around 2:30 PM I was turning and tossing in my bed... Generally I used to wake up once @ 4:00 for Loo and get back to bed again but on that day I my mind refused to go back to sleep after the loo break and could also see hubby tossing and turning too.. I hugged him and still could not get sleep.... May be it was Intution.....

Received a call from Bro @ around 3:00 pm when I was very much awake, got really scared as I immedietely felt that something was wrong... Composed myslef and received the call to hear that "Granny is no more" It came like a shock to me coz Granny was just unwell as she was bedridden for the last 3-4 months followed by a  leg fracture and operation but never thought that she will pass away like this all of a sudden... Talked to Dad n Mom too but couldnt control myslef in front of my hubby...

Hubby had some important meeting in office next day hence decided to go to Mysore with Mom and dad where Granny stayed in a Old age Home(Ashram) with Grandpa... The entire journey me n Mom recalled all the old memories of Avva(Granny). Granny has 4 son's (The third son passed away recently in a road accident) and 1 daughter and non of us were near her when she took her last breath in this mad bad world.

I can still close my eyes and feel her warmth around me.. As a child I have grew with Grandpa and Grandma as our parents stayed with them for 13 years. Compared to all our cousins me n Bro have grown most with them  and hence are close to them too.... Granny used to cook delicious Yummy food, feed me, bathe me, I used to sleep with her and hold her tummy (which I used to call "Biya"), I can still recall how she used to give away food to the servants without my Grandpa noticing it, how she used to grumble about grandpa knowing he couldnt listen to her, she used to sing very sweetly especially the Bhajans and prayers.. as kids it has always lingered in our ears...Even as a adult I used to touch her arms and feel the smooth skin, sleep on her laps and talk to her and teased her constantly...How can all this just stay as a memory.... Yep dats what life is, she was 83, had seen a lot in her life but few things she longed to see was the marriage of all her grand children which remained as a unfulfilled wish

I am lucky that she could witness my marriage and had blessed us, when hubby and me had come home for Ganesh festival, I could sense that she liked my hubby and treated him well and had told "he is also my Grandson" Thanks granny for all the love, care and warmth that you have shared with us...

In my chikldhood I couldn't pronounce "Ra" instead I used to say "La", mom tells me that Granny used to take me in her laps and help me pronounse "Ra" "Ra" innumberable times....granny used to consoul me whenever me n Bro fought, she used to tell me to have some patience and never loose it.

I am happy that she had a peaceful death and she passed away as a "Muthaide" which means she passed when Granpda was still alive.. The painful moment was when I saw her lying on the floor and grandpa sitting there helplessly saying "She left me and went away" Grandpa and Granny almost stayed together for around 65 years!!!!! WOW such a long togetherness and a loss of a partner is really "PAINFULL". In the 65 years Journey of  togetherness they have shared the hapinness,pain, deaths, births,fought with each other,loved,cared and wat not....

The saddest part was when we had to remove the gold/diamond earings and nose ring from her, Pinamma were told to remove it and when we started removing it I could recall that I did remove it just 4 months back along with my pinnamma just before she was taken for an operation for her fracture... how she said that she couldnt remove her nose ring and we just let it retain.... I couldnt help my tears and burst out loudly asking her to forgive me that I was removing gold from her body.... It was a very emotional moment...

I wish and pray that her soul RIP and give Grandpa courage and strength....Granny you will always remain in our memories...

No comments:

Post a Comment